It is time for us to urge the current authorities of our country to seriously considering the student welfare in terms of the social state in order to strengthen the core and pillar of our country future systems.
Some of the sectors that need reform in term of its state are the education, social and economic. It was hoped through this humble list of mine, it will be a catalyst for those who read this, to be able to understand that we still have a lot to do in championing the cause for our fellow student’s right.
1. To fight for the free and quality education, regardless of the races, religions, ethnics.
2. Learning opportunities for all stages of education, regardless of the races, religions, ethnics.
3. Respecting all types of school systems, while working and progressing in strengthening the national school.
4. By setting up the education committee member made up of the student leader to discuss on matter involving the state of education.
5. Pushing for all meritocracy based systems within an inclusive matter, such as the economic status of the student.
6. Focusing on the application based oriented studies in creating true potential and chances in producing a world class work force.
7. Strengthen the education institution and systems through various reforms in terms of learning methodologies and education approaches.
8. Introducing new systems of creating education syllabus and curriculum with the participation of all entities related to the education systems. (parents, students, teachers)
9. By setting up authorities in producing holistic and systematic approaches of education.
1. By encouraging participation of students activities in various fields and discipline of knowledge.
2. By allowing open discussion on various issues affecting the social milieu of the students.
3. Understand the needs in protecting the civil rights of the students in accordance to the Constitution of our country.
4. By disembarking any oppressive measures in curbing the student activities.
5. By amending set of laws in protecting and secure the social rights of the students.
6. By stopping all doctrinaire and propagandas activities in purpose of creating tension and hatred relating to the race, ethnic, religion and political ideologies.
1. By providing student allocation on every parliamentary seats to provide basic education necessities regardless of the races, ethnic, religions or ideologies.
2. Setting up of special committee made up of the society related to the education industry in reviewing, checking of the allocation’s distribution.
3. By reducing the taxes of educational material.
4. Prioritise on strategic development of public infrastructure and amenities. (Public transportations, libraries)
5. The strengthening process of the libraries institutions in providing quality references.
6. By making easier loans, funds and scholarships applications available and being distribute carefully towards the targeted student areas and networks.
7. All research and development process must be funded by the respective government agencies if the projects are benefiting for the society purpose.
8. Encouraging the social responsibilities of both, the private and government sectors in providing security in term of jobs prospects.
9. By implementing the minimum wage requirement, to ensure continuous quantity and quality of future workforce.
I am very convinced that our current policies of education are not benefitting both, the student community and the government in a long term prospect in providing the will needed to change our nation from the current structure to a much stable and firm situation to be able to compete in possible highest level of progressive nature.
These are only some of the suggestions from me, and further criticisms are needed to ensure the relevance of the education policies for the Malaysian society’s building revolution.